Oct 20, 2020
- In 2020, an estimated 276,480 new cases of invasive breast
cancer will be diagnosed in women in the U.S., as well as 48,530
new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- 64% of breast cancer cases are diagnosed at a localized stage
(there is no sign that cancer has spread outside of the breast),
for which the 5-year survival rate is 99%.
- This year, an estimated 42,170 women will die from breast
cancer in the U.S.
- 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast
cancer in her lifetime
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women,
except for skin cancers. It is estimated that in 2020,
approximately 30% of all new women cancer diagnoses will be breast
- There are over 3.5 million breast cancer survivors in the
- On average, every 2 minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast
cancer in the United States.
Join the discussion on LinkedIn. Just be sure to @ mention
Blaine J. Hoffmann or The SafetyPro Podcast LinkedIn page. You can
also find the podcast on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.